Thursday, March 8, 2007

Session 3

Today we talked about starting at the end with an evaluation. If you know what you want want for an end product, you should be able to plan your unit, lesson from the end forward. It is common sense or at least I feel it is. With math I always start with the unit test, so I know what I have to make sure I cover with the kids as a minimum.
The table lesson today was useful, but the best part of the day was having you show us some sites for making our own rubrics.
Thanks, Julie

2 comments:

Mrs. Burns said...

Yes, the online rubric makers are definitely cool and FREE! They are tremendous time-savers and useful. I am often surprised at how few teachers know about them. I agree with you about the common sense piece of the process and of backwards design. It's a no-brainer!
See you on Monday,
Connie

skoelker said...

Rubric makers rock, of course. What else is out there waiting for us to find it? Lots, I think.

spk
><>